Sunday, April 30, 2006

Your kisses are wasted on me...

...don't let me stop you though. NS column on The Pipettes; lovely 60s girl-group style handclappy spring fun, for those that don't know - (and can't be bothered to read my 315wds on the subj).

By the way, who's everyone voting for on Thursday? I bet I don't get a single serious answer to that question. Even though there's a case for saying it is serious; if only in that every non-BNP vote reduces the proportion of votes they've accrued nationwide by one. In that sense, if you're thinking you're not going to vote because (a) you can't be bothered, or (b) you're protesting silently but devastatingly against Mr Tony B.Liar and his Fascist Conglomorate of Dubya's Poodles (yawn), then, well, you're a BNP appeaser. I would argue.

7 Comments:

Blogger Alex Bok Bok said...

alright ! il vote green.
GOOODDDD

3:42 AM  
Blogger Alex Bok Bok said...

only joking. or am i?

3:42 AM  
Blogger John said...

I would have voted for lib dem (my stock council vote), but I'm not registered, and not about to go to Bromley when I could just go to the Oval instead.

I agree with you about the Beatles by the way. Hell, much as I love them, and admire the way they achieved greatness almost as two separate bands 62-65 and 65-70, they achieved nothing that wouldn't have happened anyway. And their solo work is woeful.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Big_Dog said...

I'm voting Tory and so is my wife. Good day sir.

*Slams door*

9:52 AM  
Blogger John said...

Ok, that's why the lib dem leafleture stuff is very anti-labour. I think last time in Bromley I voted for Christian Peoples Alliance, because a woman from my church was standing. To be honest I've only ever voted once properly in my whole life: first I wrote cunt next to all the bnp names, then I was drunk, then I voted for Ken Livingstone and my sisterinchrist and finally last year a token Labour vote in absurd constituency Beckenham East.

1:07 PM  
Blogger dan hancox said...

it would be a damn shame if the actions of mssrs clarke, hewitt, and prescott had any bearing on tomorrow's elections, agreed: not least because the people in the labour party that right-minded people ought to be rooting for are often located at a more local level.

build up a groundswell of local labour politicians who aren't afraid of radical, outre phrases like 'social democracy' and 'redistribution' and it will help demonstrate to the higher-ups that there ARE actually still people out there not afraid to call themselves 'labour supporters'; they just have a slightly different interpretation of what the party stands for (i.e. anything to the current figureheads...

having said that, they/we are going to get absolutely completely mullered. oh well.

i think i'll vote green unless there's a ghost's chance in hell the local labour chap/pess can get in.

2:17 PM  
Blogger dan hancox said...

also, of course, a lot of labour councillors are (historically, i am led to believe) more right-wing than tony anyway. but a lot of them aren't, judging from our local party.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home